Irish Mortgage lenders
There are a whole host of considerations to take into account when choosing a mortgage lender in Ireland. Our role is to provide you with a mortgage product that meets your long term requirements.
Matters which we consider when choosing a lender include:
- Lenders lending criteria
- Current mortgage rates: Both new business and existing customer rates
- History of rates compared to the rest of the Irish mortgage market
- Market experience of lenders: Commitment to the Irish market
- Product flexibility
- Service factors including speed of which mortgage can be processed and service throughout the life of the mortgage
- Do we expect this lender to continue providing facilities in our market.This particular point is more relevant in today's uncertain economic environment.
Our Irish mortgage lender analysis below will help you in comparing the latest Irish lender facilities.
Lenders in the Irish mortgage market
Our mortgage market at present ( Autumn 2017) is characterised by a chronic lack of urban supply.
This problem has its route in the recession for 2007 to 2013 when lenders completely pulled back as they tried to survive the crash, None of our lenders would have survived without being bailed out either by the Stare or by shareholders in the case of foreign owned lenders. So it is no surprise that lenders are moving very cautiously when it comes to development finance and hence the shortage of housing. Add to this the uncertainty of Brexit and the nasty shocks this will bring and the new US administration and the issue is more easily understood.
There are plenty of buyers and indeed ample funding for buyers, just very few houses.
There is a wide divergence between lenders in their product offerings and it is important that you take independent advice before signing up to a mortgage .