Irish Mortgage lenders
There are a whole host of considerations to take into account when choosing a mortgage lender in Ireland. Our role is to provide you with a mortgage product that meets your long term requirements.
Matters which we consider when choosing a lender include:
- Lenders lending criteria
- Current mortgage rates: Both new business and existing customer rates
- History of rates compared to the rest of the Irish mortgage market
- Market experience of lenders: Commitment to the Irish market
- Product flexibility
- Service factors including speed of which mortgage can be processed and service throughout the life of the mortgage
- Do we expect this lender to continue providing facilities in our market.This particular point is more relevant in today's uncertain economic environment.
Our Irish mortgage lender analysis below will help you in comparing the latest Irish lender facilities.
Implications of the Recession on Irish mortgage lenders
The recession is causing huge problems for Irish mortgage lenders and their borrowers.Arrears levels are rising and capital adequacy is a constant issue.The threat of job losses looms over many sectors of the economy.
Buyers are slowly moving back into the market buying houses at approx 40% lower than they would have paid a year ago.
There is now a wide divergence between lenders in their product offerings and it is important that you take independent advice before signing up to a mortgage .