Choosing a lender
In order to choose the right lender you need to talk to an experienced impartial adviser.
We have looked after our buyers for many years and the market has been completely turned upside down during this period.
When we first wrote this article there was a far greater choice of lender.The remaining lenders who we deal with are:
- AIB Group
- Ulster Bank
- Pepper mortgages ( available through our association with PIBA mortgage network)
Bank of Ireland also have a large mortgage business although they do not currently deal with intermediaries, Some offer sneaky incentives like paying a portion of your stamp duty and then charging higher rates. But with an impartial adviser you can be guided through to the best value products.
There are a number of considerations to take into account when choosing a mortgage lender. We monitor the ever changing market place so that we can keep you informed and assist you in making the right decisions on your choice of lender.
Matters which we consider when choosing a lender include:
- Lenders lending criteria
- Current mortgage rates: Both new business and existing customer rates
- History of rates compared to the rest of the market
- Market experience of lender
- Commitment to the Irish market .
- Product flexibility
- Service factors including speed of which mortgage can be processed and the quality of service throughout the life of the mortgage