Why choose mortgages.ie?
The biggest financial decision of your life should be supported by professional advice
Mortgages.ie provides impartial information on mortgages in Ireland. We search the market on your behalf to find the lender who will offer the highest mortgage facility levels and the best value mortgages rates. We advice you clearly on affordability levels so that you can enjoy your home while not taking on unsustainable debt. Our role is to look after you in making the right mortgage decision and manage the mortgage process until you move into your new home.
- Our business was established 1994
- Our Business is manged by Shane Lavin,a Chartered Accountant with over 30 years experience.Our team are all experienced and qualified advisers and we are driven by looking after your needs and getting you the best mortgage.
- We are one of Ireland's leading mortgage advisers having advised thousands of clients on mortgages and related financial products.
At Mortgage Company of Ireland you have the comfort of knowing our views are impartial.
As mortgage advisers we provide a flexible service to suit your life style. We are generally available to meet you at a time that suits you and your work pattern, which may be in the evening or at a location that suits you.
Mortgage brokers have an important share in the mortgage market in Ireland and this is set to grow once more with tight regulation of new entrants and a demand from home buyers for advice,
The need for impartial advice and access to market knowledge is essential in order for you to make an informed decision on a particular mortgage product and mortgage provider.
Mortgage interest rates
The rate of interest you are charged is a critical element of your mortgage. product. Unlike any other businesses we have invested heavily in technology to ensure we look beyond introductory and fixed rates to ensure that you can accurately assess the merits of competing products.
This investment is for your benefit!
Lenders lending criteria differ significantly
There is significant variation in lending practices between the mortgage lenders in Ireland.
These differences range from varying loan to value ratios, to wide variations in the absolute amount a lender will advance, due to the use of a range of different formulae in calculating how much you can borrow.
Lenders will generally provide different decisions in respect of identical applications.Mortgage Lending decisions will vary across a number of headings including:
- The level of funds they are prepared to advance
- The conditions attaching to an advance
- The interest rates they will charge on their mortgage
- The long term rates applicable to the mortgage product at the end of a fixed rate periods
Saving time and money
Your mortgage broker will analyse the options available, with the objective being to provide a mortgage facility, that meets your long term requirements.
What services should a good mortgage broker provide:.
- Meeting you at convenient times and locations
- Advising on range of mortgage providers
- Advising on range of rate options
- Advising on borrowing limits
- Preparation of detailed recommendations for lenders
- Provision of all appropriate documentation to support recommendation
- Managing administration process associated with mortgage approvals and Loan offers
- Advising on appropriate life cover
- Advising on home cover options
- Discussions with client solicitor
- Arranging closure of your mortgage
We do not charge fees for our mortgage arrangement services.
Choosing from Ireland's Leading Financial Services providers
Lenders who use mortgage brokers include
- Permanent tsb
- AIB Group (Haven mortgages)
- KBC Home Loans
- Pepepr Mortgages
We are authorised intermediaries to provide mortgage protection and life insurance with the following life companies
- Irish Life
- New Ireland
- Royal London
- Friends First