Why choose mortgages.ie?
1. We are professional experienced advisers regulated by The Central Bank of Ireland.
Mortgages.ie provides impartial information on mortgages in Ireland. We search the market on your behalf to find the lender who will offer the highest mortgage facility levels and the best value mortgages rates. We advise you clearly on affordability levels so that you can enjoy your home while not taking on unsustainable debt. Our role is to look after you in making the right mortgage decision and manage the mortgage process until you move into your new home.
- We are authorised as a Mortgage Credit Intermediary by The Central Bank of Ireland
- Our business was established in 1994
- Our Business is managed by Shane Lavin, a Chartered Accountant with over 30 years experience. Our team are all experienced and qualified advisers and we are driven by looking after your needs and getting you the best mortgage.
- We are one of Ireland's leading mortgage advisers having advised thousands of clients on mortgages and related financial products.
2. We search the banks to get you the best mortgage interest rates, looking at short, medium and long term offers.
We search the market to ensure you get the best mortgage rates, looking at introductory rates and incentives, comparing all fixed and variable rates and looking into the future to see what rates apply after a fixed rate period.
The rate of interest you are charged is a critical element of your mortgage product. Unlike most other advisers we have invested heavily in technology to improve your online experience and to ensure you look beyond introductory and fixed rates so that you can accurately assess the merits of competing products.
This investment is for your benefit!
3. We research bank lending criteria to see who will grant you the most suitable and affordable mortgage facility.
There is significant variation in lending practices between the mortgage lenders in Ireland.
These differences range from varying loan to value ratios, to wide variations in the absolute amount a lender will advance, due to the use of a range of different formulae in calculating how much you can borrow.
Our Banks who are all household names each have their own criteria for assessing a mortgage. Some banks have preferences for particular groups..
For example one bank might prefer high income single applicants whereas others have a preference for family mortgages with perhaps lower borrowing levels.
Some lenders will consolidate debt on a remortgage whereas others have no appetite for debt consolidation.
As a result mortgage approval levels and conditions vary according your circumstances between the banks. Approvals may vary across the following areas:
- The level of funds banks will be prepared to advance to you.
- The conditions attaching to an advance
- The interest rates they will charge on their mortgage
- The long term rates applicable to the mortgage product at the end of a fixed rate periods
4. We look after everything from start to finish and we don't charge fees.
We analyse the options available, with the objective being to provide a mortgage facility that meets your long term requirements.
Our services include.
- Meeting you at convenient times and locations
- Advising on range of mortgage providers
- Advising on range of rate options
- Advising on borrowing limits
- Preparation of detailed recommendations for lenders
- Provision of all appropriate documentation to support recommendation
- Managing administration process associated with mortgage approvals and Loan offers
- Advising on appropriate life cover
- Advising on home cover options
- Discussions with client solicitor
- Arranging closure of your mortgage
5. We only deal with strong reputable financial institutions offering the best products.
Lenders who use mortgage brokers include
- Permanent TSB
- AIB Group (Haven mortgages)
- KBC Home Loans
- Bank of Ireland
We are authorised intermediaries to provide mortgage protection and life insurance with the following life companies
- Irish Life
- New Ireland
- Royal London