Why choose mortgages.ie?
The biggest financial decision of your life should be supported by professional advice
Mortgages.ie provides impartial information on mortgages in Ireland. Using this information should assist you in deciding whether to deal directly with a lender or a mortgage broker.
- Our business was established 1996
- Our Business is manged by Shane Lavin, a chartered accountant with over 30 years experience.
- We do not currently provide mortgage broking services
At Mortgage Company of Ireland you have the comfort of knowing our views are impartial.
Mortgage brokers provide a flexible service for their clients .They are generally available to meet you at a time that suits you and your work pattern, which may be in the evening or at a location that suits you.
Mortgage brokers have an important share in the mortgage market in Ireland
The need for impartial advice and access to market knowledge is essential in order for you to make an informed decision on a particular mortgage product and mortgage provider.
Mortgage interest rates
The rate of interest you are charged is the critical element of your mortgage. product. Unlike any other businesses we have invested heavily in technology to ensure we look beyond introductory and fixed rates to ensure that you can accurately assess the merits of competing products.
This investment is for your benefit!
Lenders lending criteria differ significantly
There is significant variation in lending practices between the mortgage lenders in Ireland.
These differences range from varying loan to value ratios, to wide variations in the absolute amount a lender will advance, due to the use of a range of different formulae in calculating how much you can borrow.
Lenders will generally provide different decisions in respect of identical applications.Mortgage Lending decisions will vary across a number of headings including:
- The level of funds they are prepared to advance
- The conditions attaching to an advance
- The interest rates they will charge on their mortgage
- The long term rates applicable to the mortgage product at the end of a fixed rate periods
Saving time and money
Your mortgage broker will analyse the options available, with the objective being to provide a mortgage facility, that meets your long term requirements.
What services should a good mortgage broker provide.
- Meeting you at convenient times and locations
- Advising on range of mortgage providers
- Advising on range of rate options
- Advising on borrowing limits
- Preparation of detailed recommendations for lenders
- Provision of all appropriate documentation to support recommendation
- Managing administration process associated with mortgage approvals and Loan offers
- Advising on appropriate life cover
- Advising on home cover options
- Discussions with client solicitor
- Arranging closure of your mortgage
Some mortgage brokers charge fees for this service ( generally to take account of work undertaken on files that never end up as a drawn down mortgage) while others do not charge fees as lenders pay a fee for introducing your business to them.
Choosing from Ireland's Leading Financial Services providers
Lenders who use mortgage brokers include
- Permanent tsb
- AIB Group (Haven mortgages)
- KBC Home Loans
- Pepepr Mortgages
We are authorised intermediaries to provide mortgage protection and life insurance with the following life companies
- Irish Life
- New Ireland
- Royal London
- Friends First